Translate

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Everything

I can feel the warmth of your breath
through the chink in my armor;
your heart so close to mine that
the beats fall in and out of sync. 

The comfortable heat incites both
a thrill and a terror inside me.
Now the moment of decision:
Do I run or do I stay?

There's a million things inside me
you should fear.  Demons with
sunken eyes swallowed by shadows
in dark corners.

But. 

Would you just be afraid?
Or could you be the one that takes
me by the hand and whispers that
we'll fight them together?

And when I could finally burst
from my cages and chains I would
hold you tight and love you
with everything that I am.

 For that chance I would tear
open my chest and let you
examine my heart. A single
moment of infinite vulnerability.

Because maybe you
are
my everything.

1 comment: